I switched my website back to being static. That simply makes more sense.
For that purpose I have written a new and fancy site generator. This time my language of choice was Scheme, a Lisp dialect. It made this task surprisingly easy and fun. Now a single Scheme file contains the text on this page, all style rules, all blog entries, server configuration as well as a few nifty functions to compile them all together.
Creating new blog posts and sub-pages was never this easy!
I also decided to give my site a new design. The old one was not bad, but it was also never really all that good. The new design is fresh and modern and hosts the content in a more digestible way. I also worked on the readability of the text.